Impresa Aerospace has been a premium supplier to the aerospace industry for more than 50 years with a customer base consisting of OEM and Tier 1 manufacturers serving the commercial and military aviation industries. We are always looking to add new talent to our workforce and invite you to bring your talents and ambition to our team!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life/ADD/LTD and Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- 8 paid holidays and paid time off
We are currently seeking a CNC Machinist, 1st Shift to join our team of outstanding employees!
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and references points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
- Makes any adjustments necessary to maintain quality parts within control limits for SPC.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Strong mechanical aptitude desired
- Basic and Advanced Math Skills including familiarity with ratios, proportions, geometry, and trigonometry is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, height gage, scales, and micrometers
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies
- Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
- Basic Computer Skills - able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with assistance
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Technical / Trade School strongly preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
- Must hold U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident status
For compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), verification of your status as a United States citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States as defined by 8 U.S.C § 1101 (a) (20), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C §1324b (a) (3), or your eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of state, and if necessary, approval of an ITAR license that is satisfactory to the company.
Impresa Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.