We are currently seeking a full-time CNC Operator to ensure the timely and quality production of aluminum window frames.
Candidate will perform hands-on set-up of machined parts by programming and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Planning for appropriate sequencing and tooling requirements.
CNC Machinist certification required. High school diploma or GED. Applicant must be in good physical condition; capable of lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. Applicant must pass pre-employment physical with drug screening and background screening.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Write programs in an efficient sequence to ensure accuracy and effective use of machining time.
- Ability to read a tape measure, digital caliper, and vernier caliper is a must.
- Ability to interpret blue prints, create tooling, and inspect own work.
- Candidate must exhibit basic shop math skills.
- Knowledge of programming in Elusoft and operating an Elumatec SBZ130 CNC Profile Machining Center is a plus.
- Knowledge of storefront aluminum extrusions is a plus.
- Demonstrate effective internal teamwork with coworkers and management
- Meet attendance standards.
- Custom fabrication and assembly of aluminum storefront windows and doors.
- CNC setup and operation; quality check through random sampling and sample work pieces.
- Maintaining equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Perform manual layouts and operations, metal preparation, including other shop fabricator duties as required.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement,Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Coordination, Attention to Detail