Bishop-Wisecarver Group (BWG) manufactures and builds linear and rotary motion solutions, custom complex assemblies, and optimal embedded intelligence systems. BWG is located in Pittsburg, California and is seeking a Journeyman Machinist to join their Production Team.
BWG is looking for individuals with a positive can-do attitude, high integrity and extraordinary machining experience who can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy production environment. Candidates must be equally confident in operating a wide variety of CNC and manual machine tools including mills, lathes, surface grinders, drilling, and sawing equipment including all required setup.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strong CNC experience, including setting up and operation of both CNC and manual machine tools
Strong skills in set-up and adjustment of machine tools and work fixtures
Strong working knowledge of Haas, Mazak, Fanuc, and Fadal machine controls
Precision bench and floor work using precision measuring instruments, reading blueprints, making standard shop computations relating to dimensions or work and determination of machining feeds and speeds
Completing necessary production reporting and quality documentation
Preventative maintenance activities, including but not limited to maintaining machine coolant quality, oiling, lubrication, general cleaning and inspection and other tasks as assigned
Housekeeping and 5S practices
Performance of semi-skilled or unskilled work
· Machinist apprenticeship or equivalent of not less than 4 years of trade experience
· Demonstrated experience setting up, offsetting and editing machine programs for both, milling and turning centers based upon BWC standard work methods and as directed
· Working knowledge of ANSI Feature Frame prints and GD&T dimensioning practices
· Working experience with SPC (Statistical Process Control)
· Demonstrated experience with efficient production of reporting and quality documentation, including labor tracking, materials accounting, inspection documentation, job traveler sign-offs, and other documentation as required
· Excellent presentation as well as verbal and written communication skills
Bishop-Wisecarver Group is an equal opportunity employer. For more information please visit our website at:
If you are interested in joining the BWG family, please reply to this ad with your resume describing prior employers’ industry and salary history.