Performs various activities to support the credit department and invoicing processes. Credit clerk will review, upload, and track status of invoices on different invoicing platforms. Credit clerk also prepare refund documents, track posting of refunds, manages the relationship with CAT Commercial client, and incoming e-mail inquiries from customers. Self-motivated people who have an eye for detail will thrive in this role. Excellent credit clerk are able to work independently and as part of team. Credit clerk will also assist in processing application for credit accounts, distribution of mails, reception coverage, and sending out promissory note reminders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assign.
• Perform daily invoicing functions: uploading invoices to different platforms (Ariba, Tungsten, WAWF, etc), review status, following up to resolve so payment can be process.
• Assist in filing and tracking customer refunds within the department.
• Send out contract reminders for customers on payment plans.
• Manage the relationship with CAT commercial card reps and providing them with customer invoices timely.
• Calls or writes to credit bureaus, and other business resources to check credit references.
• Keeps record or file of credit transactions, deposits, and payments, and prepares letters to customers having delinquent accounts to make payment.
• Keeps record of applications for credit accounts.
• Provides information to sales and parts staff on status of new account.
• Receive and distribute incoming mail and other communications.
• Maintains customer accounts.
• Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and versatile.
• A fit with Quinn Company’s performance driven culture and values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality, Relationships and Service.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Credit clerk should be self-motivated and diligent with strong organization skills. Employers prefer candidates with a college degree and at least two years of clerical office or customer service experience. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Credit clerk are comfortable using the following software and equipment in a typical workday: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); desktop computers
• Detailed oriented - attention to details.
• Experience in invoicing platforms (ie Ariba)
• Ability to multi-task
• Resulted oriented
• Language skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Strong Mathematical Skills
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment with climate control. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This description describes only the general nature and level of work encompassed by this job. This description is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of employees at this level.