Celestica is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions to drive our customers’ success. Through our simplified global operations network and information technology platform, we are solid partners who deliver informed, flexible solutions that enable our customers to succeed in the markets they serve.When you join Celestica, it’s more than just a job. It’s about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do every day. It’s about joining one of the world’s largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
Performs basic tasks associated with material handling and control in support of manufacturing products.Receives, counts and stocks raw materials. Ensures accurate counts, packaging, stock rotation, part identification and shelf life determination. Completes detailed inventory transactions in appropriate systems, documenting the receipt and delivery of materials. Ability to operate pallet jack.
Perform tasks associated with Mechanical Assembly such as: Assemble parts or units, and position,align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, and frames, using hand tools and power tools.Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers.
Plus but not required:
- Knowledge of warehousing inventory control practices.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records of material movement.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal customers.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment such pallet jacks
- Ability to successfully complete required training to earn specific certifications as defined by site operations.
- Ability to read packaging specifications, work instructions and routers/travelers.
- At least 3 years of computer skills.
- Ability to part mark parts in accordance to a blue print.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Duties of this position are performed in a manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, etc.
- Duties of this position require occasional sustained concentration to focus on small areas, objects, computers, etc.
- Duties of this position require continuous light physical effort and exertion including prolonged repetitive motion, standing for long periods of time, sitting in a confined work space, climbing, using equipment, handling lightweight materials, etc.
Duties of this position require periodic heavy manual effort and considerable exertion including lifting objects over 20 pounds, requiring straining, pulling and lifting.
Zero to two years’ relevant experience.
High School or Equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.