Loads, secures, drives, and unloads heavy equipment tractor-trailer rig to deliver and pick up equipment and components at customer locations, Company facilities, and suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPNSIBILITIES
• Maintains California Class A driver's license, acceptable driving record and current medical card;
• Properly utilizes company vehicle; operates in compliance with DMV rules and regulations; Participates in U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing program;
• Performs basic safety and operational vehicle inspections before and after each trip;
• Performs daily / routine maintenance and / or mechanical repairs of assigned truck as skill and time allows;
• Operates a variety of equipment in order to move them on, properly secure, and remove from the trailer at destination;
• Demonstrates basic equipment operation to customers as required;
• Uses material handling equipment (pallet jack, forklift, crane, etc.) to load and unload vehicle;
• Uses road maps for efficient and timely transportation;
• Maintains proper permits, bills of lading, invoices and other forms to account for pick up and deliveries;
• Maintains accurate logbook records; Works flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of the Company and the customer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F / V / DV