Join our collaborative team of dedicated individuals-and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're an organization that celebrates and rewards hard work each and every day, with a goal of being a company people can trust.
Our Claims Adjuster - Auto Damage uses their auto body knowledge to complete vehicle damage estimates. Because we're committed to becoming consumers' #1 choice for auto insurance by providing best-in-class claims service, it is important our estimates are accurate and reflect the various options available in a competitive market for repairing damaged vehicles. Each Claims Adjuster works closely with the repair shops to make sure repairs are done on time and with the quality we expect.
Paid Training! Our award winning, in-depth training empowers you to confidently deliver positive outcomes for our customers. In our two week Claims Ownership Class you'll learn about field claims and property damage fundamentals like how to handle total loss situations.
Some of the day-to-day of a Claims Adjuster - Auto Damage:
- Determines repair parts, time and labor required to complete repair or if instead the vehicle is a total loss
- Negotiates agreed price with repair shops
- Manages the repair facility performance on timeliness and repair quality
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding the process
- Maintains accurate documentation of the repair process by completing timely estimates, supplements, and inspections.
- Coordinates the disposal process of salvaged vehicles/parts
- High school diploma or GED
- One year minimum of estimating experience or work as a claims adjuster, a property damage adjuster or repair work within an automobile repair and/or body shop
- Excellent organization skills which includes ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Some experience with dispatch and repair management software as well as a core claims adjusting system
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Gainshare bonus of up to 16% of salary (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
- Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
- Award winning, inclusive environment with Employee Resource Groups
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision and life) and a 401(k) plan
- Employee discounts
- Child care subsidy
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
- You'll be asked for information around your employment history and Educational Background
- After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
- A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
- Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
- Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer