Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty is seeking a Civil Project Engineer to help construct a new 8MGD waste water treatment plant and adjacent community center and park in Highland California. Balfour Beatty’s scope of work includes extensive civil, structural and mechanical improvements for the new treatment plant as well as new buildings and sitework for the community center. This is expected to be a 3 year project with a contract value of $130M.
As the civil project engineer you will assist the Construction Manager and Project Superintendent with both short term and long term planning and the daily execution of the construction project. You will be responsible for confirming correctness of the project schedule as it pertains to mechanical work assigned to you by the project manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, preparing and coordinating work packages with field operations, coordinating the timely delivery of material, and maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Ensure that all work is planned ahead of time with safety in mind.
- Assist project management by proactively managing the project budget by controlling costs, identifying work not covered by subcontractor’s scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and schedule completion.
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, assisted by the superintendent.
- Serve as onsite quality manager and enforce quality standards on assigned subcontractors ensuring that their work complies with the contract requirements, assisted by field engineers.
- Generate and distribute proposal change documents to Subcontractors/Suppliers and assist in collecting pricing and/or prepare change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
- Ensure all clarifications, changes, directives, RFIs etc. are updated on the “as-built” drawings and are fully coordinated with company supervision and all assigned subcontractors/suppliers.
- Responsible for submitting owner required close-out documents and assisting subcontractors/suppliers in scheduling owner required training and documentation.
- Assist startup manager in compiling assigned vendor and subcontractor startup forms in a timely manner prior to and during startup.
- Act in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations as economically as possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management or related field.
- 2 + years’ water treatment plant construction experience.
- Must have experience with site grading, structural excavation & backfill, drainage, road/parking lot construction and site concrete.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, accounting applications and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Experience organizing people, tools, and equipment.
- 5 + years’ water treatment plant construction experience.
- Some working knowledge of Autocad, any Revit experience, or P6 experience a plus.
- Ability to plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.