How would you like to go to work every day knowing millions of people rely on your work to live their lives? Volt Workforce Solutions is looking for Chemical Processors and Electrical Assemblers for a major provider of turbines and other power generation products. This is your chance to join a company dedicated to providing reliable and environmentally friendly products to an ever growing customer base.
This role is an entry level, contingent opportunity in San Diego, CA. Chemical Processors work as part of a team, processing and inspecting parts before assembly. Electrical Assemblers work to layout, create and install various electronic components, such as control consoles, junction boxes,instrument panels, relay panels and battery racks. Successful employees will have a strong attention to detail and take pride in providing a high quality product, both quickly and safely.
- Perform material processing operations such as sand, bead or shot blasting; tumbling and/or non-atmospheric controlled fields working from process specifications, standards, and written or oral instruction.
- Make visual check of parts following treatment to ensure that surface treatment meets specification.
- Surface preparation includes cleaning, sanding, chipping, patching, and water blasting.
- Work from schematics, wiring diagrams, standard work sheets, engineering detail drawings, oral instructions and established shop practices.
- Install control consoles, junction boxes, instrument/relay panels, resistors, capacitors, filters, diodes, circuit boards, heat and speed sensors, transformers, meters, malfunction status indicators, circuit breakers, and fuses.
- Must have open available to work either 1st or 2nd shifts
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator
- Must be able to access work in awkward or confining work spaces as well as lift and/or move up to 25 pounds repeatedly
- Must be self-motivated and have good attention to details
- Previous chemical and/or material processing experience
- Previous forklift experience
- Previous experience with hand and power tools
- Previous electrical assembly experience
- Blue print or layout schematic reading experience is highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer