Syar Industries, Inc./Syar Concrete LLC is one of northern California's leading producers and suppliers of high quality aggregate rock products, asphaltic paving materials and ready mix concrete. With its headquarters in Napa, Syar serves the construction industry from strategically located facilities in ten counties.
A large portion of the job will be performed in Sonoma County on the Russian River. The successful candidate must be strong enough to work in a river environment, swim, clear dense brush and carry heavy equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Applicant must have a valid California Land Surveyor License, pass a pre-employment drug test and have two (2) points or less on their Ca DMV driver license. Wages and benefits are union scale. Applicants must be a member of the Operator Engineers union or be willing to join. This is a full-time position.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- California Licensed Surveyor
- A minimum of 5 years of proven successful land surveying experience
- Ability to communicate with internal and external parties in a collaborative, positive manner, representing the Company’s interests
- Proficient with current surveying equipment and techniques.
- Strong skills with CADD software, surveying, mapping and imaging software, Excel, Word, Outlook, Google Earth.
- People management (i.e. management of subordinates’ performance and enabling teamwork)
- Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability
- Establish trust and relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects
- Strong thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Sustainable management (i.e. compliance with laws and regulations)
- Professional competence (i.e. knowledge of the industry and cross-functional understanding)
- Employee is required to observe all safety standards and rules of the office and/or plant operation procedures
- Employee must report all injuries as soon as possible after occurrence to his/her supervisor and Risk Management
- Safety gear must be worn by all employees as necessary when in the field or visiting other facilities
- Must possess a current California driver license and clean DMV (2 points or less)
Must be a member of, or willing to join, the Operating Engineers Union and benefits will be determined Operating Engineers Union Members Benefit Trust