Linxx Global Solutions (Linxx) is seeking qualified and experienced C-IED Instructors to deliver C-IED training in support of the Marine Corps Engineer School (MCES) Defeat the Device Program. These positions are located at Twentynine Palms, CA and ARE CONTINGENT ON CONTRACT AWARD.
The primary responsibility of each instructor is to provide first-class C-IED instruction to students both in the classroom and on the practical application lanes. During periods of instruction, the instructor is the representative of MCES and is responsible for the orderly conduct of the class. Instructors will certify and maintain proficiency in all assigned C-IED Training Courses (CTC), as well as conducting the practical applications and evaluations associated with each CTC. Instructor responsibilities may include:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Teaching personnel how to:
- Visually identify IED indicators
- Correctly react to IEDs
- Plan for movement in an IED environment
- Operate and maintain CREW and mine detection systems
- Identify and react to homemade explosives
- Assess, gather evidence, and exploit an IED scene using systematic searches
- Provide basic operator training for C-IED robotic systems.
- Participate in and provide feedback during regular staff meetings and planning sessions.
- Assist with classroom and training area set-up/teardown and equipment movement.
- Maintain accountability and proper care of all assigned equipment.
- Keep an accurate record of student attendance.
- Remain knowledgeable on all relevant new technology, devices, and equipment involving C-IED.
- Conduct classroom and field training, which may extend outside of normal working hours/days.
- Conduct CONUS/OCONUS travel as required (up to 50%).
- Understanding of adult learning methodologies with the ability to articulate and implement them through the development of USMC System Approach to Training and Education compliant curriculum.
- Ability to understand C-IED threat tactics, techniques and procedures of existing and fictional threat groups sufficient to communicate with subject matter experts on the Battalion through MEF level.
- Capable of multitasking, working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Able to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Capability to design, develop, deliver and maintain curriculum.
- Ability to maintain physical condition in support of practical exercises.
- Must be able to withstand the rigors of inclement weather to include extreme heat and cold.
- Have the ability to carry up to 40 pounds of training equipment and place/remove this equipment into and out of the ground with digging devices.
- Be well-organized, punctual, reliable and conscientious, and capable of managing resources and schedules to affect deadlines.
- Able to proficiently communicate in the English language and possess excellent written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with valid passport
- Basic Instructor Development Course certification
- Minimum three years of military experience with an honorable discharge
- Minimum two years of instructor experience
- Documented three years of experience in two of the following C-IED related specialties: Metal Detector Operation, Counter-RCIED Electronic Warfare (CREW), Search and Site Exploitation, Homemade Explosives, Dismounted Operations in an IED Environment, C-IED Planning Considerations, Route Clearance Operations, Military Engineering, or Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Have an Active Secret clearance
- Three to ten years’ experience in Combat Arms or EOD
- Prior experience with MCES MLFs/CTCs, MCES training initiatives
- Prior experience as a USMC instructor
- Prior experience at a DIV/TECOM training site
- Prior experience with JIDO and/or JIDO training initiatives
Linxx is a fast-growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, VA and contract support offices operating in 35 locations across the U.S. Linxx is a well-run, lean company with an excellent past performance record. We are dedicated to improving the security of America and her allies through insightful analysis, creative product development, and exceptional customer service.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Paid time off