Control Air Conditioning Corporation is a complete mechanical & plumbing contracting firm, specializing in commercial and industrial air conditioning installation and service. Since incorporation in 1978, the many years of experience and diverse talent found among the managers and key personnel provides Control Air with the capability of handling all phases of commercial air conditioning.
The company directly employs sheetmteal, piping, plumbing, refrigeration and service mechanics. The company has "in-house" expertise in the specialty areas of design-build & design-assist. We are signatory to Piping and Sheetmetal Union Local No.'s 104, 105, 206, & 250 and Plumbing and Pipefitters District Council 16. In addition to our corporate office located in Anaheim, California, we have a branch and fabrication shop located in Hayward (San Francisco Bay area) as well as a branch in San Diego.
The candidate which Control Air is currently seeking for its corporate office in Anaheim in the Business Development/Preconstruction division will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide engineering depth & added value to the Business Development, Preconstruction, and Estimating Divisions.
- Proficiency in planning, design, and construction of HVAC systems for commercial facilities - Hydronic & Air Distribution Systems.
- Acute level of detail in review of engineering drawing, specification, and front-end documents.
- Experience with Commercial, Institutional, Educational, and Healthcare Market segments.
- Strong understanding of California Building Codes, ASHRAE standards, and OSHPD requirements
- Business Development
- Develop contract/sales leads through personal, professional, and in-house industry contacts.
- Cultivate positive client relationships to secure immediate and long-term contracts.
- Maintain contact and positive communication throughout all phases of the sale and construction life cycle.
- Coordinate activities as required to ensure client satisfaction and project success.
- Review all contract project requirements with senior management.
- 4-Year Engineering Degree -- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- EIT/PE Licensure (preferred, not required)
- LEED AP Accreditation (preferred, not required)
- Construction Experience
- Minimum 5-15 years of commercial construction industry experience working at a consulting engineering, engineering/architectural or design-build company
- Strong understanding of California Building Codes, ASHRAE Standards, and OSHPD Requirements
- Managerial Experience
- Supervising entry-level & experienced engineering staff
- Strong social, verbal & written communication skills. Must be able to professionally articulate and express goals of Control Air via all forms of communication for the following:
- Day-to-day business communication
- Proposal development and delivery
- Prospective client presentations
- Experience in the following areas preferred (but not required)
- BIM AutoCAD, Revit & Navisworks
- Central Plant Design & Optimization
- Energy Modeling Techniques
- Sustainable Design Methodologies
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental benefits
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid holidays/vacation/Sick time
Please refer to our website at