PumpMan SoCal, a PumpMan Company is the industry leader in pump system services. Known as a strong and reliable pump system maintenance, repair and new system installation company serving Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties and surrounding communities, our goal is to provide customers with solutions to their fluid handling needs.
PumpMan is currently seeking experienced, qualified individuals for Booster Pump Technicians for Troubleshooting, Servicing, Repair, Maintenance and Installation of all types of Domestic Booster Pump Systems. This person thinks logically and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence and achievement. PumpMan offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Qualified candidates will possess a general knowledge of pumps, plumbing, electrical, motor controls and/or construction related activities. Must be drug free, have a clean driving record and be customer service oriented with a good attitude.
- Check, trouble shoot and repair pump and valve equipment at customer locations.
- Efficiently repair and rebuild a variety of equipment and related control systems.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices, testing equipment and tools.
- Travel throughout client geographic territory with the ability to stoop, kneel, climb and crawl in confined spaces and access customer premises restricted areas.
- Act as a technical consultant and liaison with customer management and counterparts while providing service and support to customer sites.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts necessary to minimize equipment downtime and maximize customer asset utilization.
- Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
- Update and maintain administrative records.
- Participate in on-call after hours Emergency Service rotation with other Technicians.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience and working knowledge of constant & variable pressure activated pumps and control systems from various manufacturers.
- Knowledge of various types of pumps and related piping; control valves; pressure reducing, sustaining & relief valves; atmospheric and pressure vessel tanks; transducers; pressure switches; relays etc.
- Confined Space Entry, HAZWOPER and First Aid Certifications are a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret OEM, instruction and safety manuals, etc.
- Commitment to quality workmanship and doing the job right the first time.
- Excellent attitude and customer orientation.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and work extended hours as needed.
- Reside near company location and willingness to travel within client territory.
- Must be insurable to drive company vehicles and able to pass a background investigation, physical evaluation and drug screen.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Sick Time and Holidays
- Steady work schedule
- Uniforms provided
Headquartered in Saddle Brook, NJ, PumpMan, a portfolio company of Soundcore Capital Partners a highly successful pump maintenance, service and repair company with aspirations of becoming a national leader in the space through acquisitions. To-date PumpMan has acquired companies in Northern California, Southern California, Pittsburgh, PA, Philadelphia, PA and New York City.