The Benefits & Wellness Coordinator will lead the company’s efforts in implementing a culture of health and well-being. The ideal candidate is energetic, has strong communication skills and a passion for healthy living and wellness education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Benefits & Wellness Champion:
• Responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of health wellness initiatives and programs
• Partner with benefits broker and medical carriers to leverage available programs and resources
• Serve as the Wellness Champion and lead the Wellness Steering Committee, including coordination of meetings, advising and educating employees on wellness initiatives and programs
• Coordinate and execute Wellness Programs, such as Health Assessments, Biometric Screenings, On-line Coaching, Condition/Case Management, Flu Shots, and other initiatives/goals created by the facilitation of the Wellness Committee
• Lead promotional efforts and develop employee communication for wellness and fitness programs throughout the organization
Benefits & HR Administration:
• Partner with Third Party Benefits Administrator to ensure proper performance of the Call Center, employee support and benefits administration
• Ensure benefit carrier invoices are reconciled, paid timely, and expenses are allocated properly
• Coordinate and execute company events and recognition programs including Service Awards Ceremony, Retirement Awards, and other corporate sponsored events.
• Leave of absence administration, including record keeping, follow up, and providing written notifications to employees according to established procedures and leave/employment laws
• Assists employees with leave of absence requests and provides guidance within the policy and established legal guidelines
• HRIS Administration: processing employee changes, terminations, distribution of employee reviews, and provide direction and education to all employee levels on using the HRIS system
• Maintain employee personnel files and process requests pertaining to employee data including unemployment claims, subpoenas, and employment verifications
• Responsible for compiling reports and analyzing data as is pertinent to role
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years related experience.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Programs: Excel, Publisher, Power Point, and Word.