We are looking for an EXPERIENCED Automotive Shop Technician in a high volume service center, who can bring animmediate, positive impact to our SanJose store. You will be dealing with customers, preparing job estimates,and performing service work.
- Performsall repairs and services;
- Participatesin the repair and reconditioning of automobiles and trucks;
- Participatesin assembling and repairing cars and trucks;
- Maintainsaccurate work records;
- Usesthe computer based Equipment Management Information System to record work orderinformation and access to other information;
- Performsinspections of completed repairs to ensure thorough and quality of repair andsuitability of vehicle for return to service;
- Demonstratescontinuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamlinework;
- Processes,and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
- Motorized equipment repair, maintenance and testing;
- Proficiencywith Hunter alignment machine;
- Lift50 pounds or more;
- Performa broad range of automotive repairs;
- Organizeassignments to meet work requirements;
- Readand interpret system reports to aid in management of shop and performance of assignedduties;
- Communicateorally in person in a one-to-one or group setting;
- Readand comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets for chemicals used in the workenvironment and communicate to co-workers the precautions needed for safehandling of chemicals;
- Enterdata or information into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device;
- Methods,materials, equipment and operation of general automotive and mechanical repairshops;
- Thecharacteristics and maintenance needs of a wide variety of automotive products& equipment;
- Safetypractices and principles;
- Generaltrades techniques, materials and practices of trades that are related toautomotive and mechanical repair work;
- EPAand ADEQ regulations for spill containment and disposal of petroleum productsused in a shop environment;
- Workcooperatively with other company employees;
- Worksafely without presenting a direct threat to incumbent or others;
- Thisis strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, balancing,stooping, kneeling, reaching and lifting;
Acceptable training and experience:
Three years of experience in the maintenance and repair of automotiveand mechanical equipment as an automotive mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic orequipment repair specialist. Other combinations of experience and educationthat meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. ASE Certified a plus.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THEIR OWN TOOLS
TransAmerican Auto Parts (“TAP Worldwide”; 4 Wheel Parts andothers) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means wehave a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump,or race through the dirt. We operate in 19 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with69 retail stores, 5 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1500 of the bestemployees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation and commission plan, weoffer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; VisionPlan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employeepurchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you’ll bechallenged – and rewarded!Tell us your salary history andcurrent salary requirements (NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history maynot be considered).
To learn more about us, visit: the U.S. Social Security Administration(“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).