Primarily responsible for Corporate Finance matters and assisting the Controller with fulfilling the Accounting Department’s responsibilities. Corporate Finance responsibilities include preparation of GAAP financial statements, Annual Audit Report, Insurance Renewals, Banking matters and strategic initiatives. Performs SiTech monthly close and related account reconciliations and indirectly supervises accountant. The Assistant Controller is also responsible for the proper accounting of Parts Inventory and Inventory Metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepares quarterly GAAP statements.
• Prepares annual Audit Report.
• Takes lead in annual insurance renewal and risk management programs.
• Runs monthly Parts Inventory SQL programs and prepares reports required to reconcile parts inventory.
• Prepares the Annual Financing Plan which projects required bank borrowings three years forward. Prepares quarterly bank compliance reports. Reviews bank services used by Company for possible cost savings. Maintains summary of operating leases.
• Performs SiTech monthly close and related account reconciliations. Indirectly supervises accountant responsible for day to day accounting entries.
• Prepares Strategy Reports and related metrics.
• Prepares financial trend reports accurately and timely. Examples include: monthly inventory and rental fleet turns; rental utilization; profit in inventory; inventory reserves; warranty expense; and, quarterly capital expenditures; operating profit after capital charge (OPACC); and, economic statistics.
• Develops monthly Parts Inventory metrics including new parts, worn core aging reports and perpetual to GL reconciliation reports used by the Accounting Department. Monitor Parts Inventory Cycle Count results on a monthly basis.
• Participates in strategic initiative teams, providing financial analysis and guidance.
• Assists employees with ProcureIT support in the absence of the Purchasing Manager and questions in the absence of the Accounting Manager and Accounts Payable Manager.
• Reviews account reconciliations of applicable Balance Sheet accounts prepared by the Accounting Manager and the Tax Manager.
• Assists Controller with Policy development and adherence by Company personnel.
• Maintains current and updated knowledge of all accounting related technology systems used in the Company.
• Develops SQL database queries utilizing computer programming skills acquired either through formal training and / or work experience.
• Provides guidance and advice to accounting personnel and management in area of expertise.
• Develops methods and/or procedures to enhance efficiency of work performed.
• Assists with improving the accuracy of accounting results through report creation and enhancement.
• Maintains and supports a safe work environment.
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in business or related major. CPA required, MBA desirable. Five to ten years relevant finance and/or accounting experience required. Strong Excel skills required. Access and SQL experience helpful.
Certified Public Accountant.