The Assembler assembles precision parts and sub-assemblies per job traveler’s instructions and blueprint. Successful candidates will leverage their experience in a variety of assembly environments to help align the function with the company’s vision, values and core business needs, goals and objectives. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares materials and parts by unwrapping, sorting and organizing.
- Sets up assembly tools per tooling instructions or drawing.
- Aligns parts and secures in place using crimping or tooling/hand clamps.
- Checks for good edge margins and alignment. Shim and or/trim parts as required.
- Uses solvents to clean surfaces prior to sealing or assembly.
- Load and unload ovens to bond detail parts to assemblies.
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing.
- Must be able to use precision tools when necessary to check parts being assembled.
- Obtains and verify precision parts, standards, and assemblies were issued correctly.
- Ensures that parts issued are free of visible defects.
- Reviews and prioritizes jobs to determine job priority.
- Applies part marks and protective materials to assemblies for preparation of shipment.
- Establishes and maintains safety operations by adhering to procedures and policies.
- Completes housekeeping around work areas as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, correspondence, memos, etc. and speak conversational English.
- Basic mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of all units of measure.
- Drawing and interpreting graphical data.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical assembly.
Impresa Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.