Apple Blossom Moulding & Millworks is committed to helping customers create beautiful living spaces through our wide variety of mouldings, doors, & other finish building products. Sales Associates will seek to assist customers in determining & purchasing the best quality building materials for their project. Our company values integrity, precision, and quality in everything we sell and produce. These standards should also be reflected in each employee’s attitude & work conduct.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Arriving & leaving at scheduled times.
- Greeting customers and contractors upon entry of our retail facility. Directing them to appropriate sales staff, or assisting them with their questions.
- Working with customers and contractors to find practical building solutions & products for their projects.
- Invoicing and estimating various building materials or services for customers.
- Answering phone calls and directing to appropriate sales staff.
- Verifying deliveries and merchandise for customer’s orders, checking with packing slips and databases.
- Completing appropriate paperwork for deliveries and pull orders (matching order confirmations and invoices). Following office protocols for all paperwork.
- Maintaining a clean, well-stocked, neat and orderly work area at all times. Must always be presentable for customers.
- Initiative to organize & clean the showroom/retail areas several times throughout each week.
- Creatively assessing work-flow and determining new methods to increase the company's productivity and effectiveness.
- Ability to aggressively pursue new business relationships and proven success when it comes to closing the deal.
- Ability to network as well as build and maintain relationships through clients and referrals
- Position may include additional responsibilities from time to time as needed by the business. Responsibilities may range for taking out the trash, to pulling moulding on occasion.
- Flexible to work other duties as assigned, including sales floor.
- Never responding with “that’s not my job” to a seemingly obscure task, rather maintaining a flexible & cooperative attitude to take on new tasks & determine creative solutions for problems as they arise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experienced, responsible, reliable, and enthusiastic about our industry.
- Manage own time effectively, ensuring a maximum amount of productivity.
- Ability to identify problems and devise timely and cost-efficient solutions.
- Strong human relation and customer service skills in order to interact positively with a wide range of people and provide superior service to our clients.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities with excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness/initiative to assist other employees with projects.
- Reliable and consistent method of personal transportation.
- Ability to work independently, managing personal time and resources.
- Must have good oral and written skills.
- Needs to be dependable, hard working and able to handle initiative-based projects.
- Background experience in sales.
- Experience within the home building supply industry. Knowledgeable about moulding, doors, and various other aspects of finish carpentry.
- Classes or certification in interior design helpful but not mandatory.
- Excellent typing skills. QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Excel familiarity.
- A valid California Driver's license with clean record. Own, reliable mode of transportation.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must work well under pressure. Must be reliable and punctual. Attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to do some occasional heavy lifting. At least 50lbs.
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Willing to work occasional overtime as requested by management.