The Parts Operations Analyst is knowledgeable in all areas of the Parts Inventory’s responsibilities related to Inventory Management & Control. Planning and control of Quinn’s inventory requires timely and accurate forecast preparation, purchasing, and expediting techniques, in addition to customer service consideration. These responsibilities have a direct impact on Quinn expenses (freight, warehousing) and income (parts sales), and therefore have an impact on company profitability. In order to achieve this, the Parts Operations Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and training Parts Inventory Analysts to the Company’s inventory management guidelines. Further, the Parts Operations Analyst must be able to interpret details from inventory management reports to validate sales demand, review item activity indicator and stock type, and item cost as stocking and inventory replenishment decisions are made.
The Parts Operations Analyst is responsible for training new and subordinate workgroup members as well as back filling roles are necessary.
The Parts Operations Analyst will be assigned special projects and goals consistent with their experience and knowledge of Quinn inventory systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Accountable for the accurate and detailed processing of inventory reports to determine parts stocking needs that meet customer demand and organizational targets for inventory turnover
• Accountable for system records to ensure that these drive proper stocking levels and the most accurate parts information is provided to Parts Department employees. This includes: pricing updates, replaced or discontinued items, alternate parts, editing history of calls/demands, etc
• Plays a key role in establishing and in the ongoing improvement of inventory control processes, procedures, and policies
• Assist in physical inventories and cycle count inventories
• Travel to other Quinn stores as required
• A fit with Quinn Company's performance driven culture and values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect for People, Quality and Customer Service
• Assists Parts Inventory Manager with month-end close auditing
• Shared responsibility of monitoring . Assists with resolution of parts inventory problems. Promptly respond to request with high sense of urgency. Elevate discrepancy issues to Parts Inventory Manger as needed.
• Responsible for initial and remedial training for Inventory Management workgroup
• Stand-in for temporarily absent inventory team members
• Collaboration across the organization to support common goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
3-5 years relevant Quinn or CAT experience plus a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to communicate in writing clearly and effectively.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
• Experience with forecasting and order planning software required
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word required
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV