Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
Alarm & Detection Technician
Description: Sacramento and Bay Area: The function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site service installation, inspection, repairing and/or replacement of fire alarm equipment. Ability to conduct preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey complex technical information in an easily understood manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact with customers at a high level of representation of Western States Fire Protection
- Developed leadership and team building skills; ability to guide and motivate co-workers
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities quickly.
- Tests all equipment after installation and/or repairs to ensure code compliant performance of system
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on project delays, requirements and general status of jobs
- Responsible for training apprentices (when applicable) on Company procedures, systems inspection and installation techniques
- All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced
- Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)Qualifications:
- Knowledge of NFPA 72 codes
- California State Fire Life Safety Certificate
- NICET 1 Certification a minimum
- NICET 2 Certification (Preferred)
- EST Certification (IO64/500 – EST3)
- FCI/Gamewell & Silent Knight Farenhyt knowledge preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in service/installation of Fire Alarm Systems
- Strong PC and Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor