Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll for over 1,300 employees throughout southern and central California and Arizona. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of biweekly and monthly commission payroll.
• Collaborates with Human Resources Administrators to ensure employee data and payroll processing accuracy.
• Prepare reports as requested by Management, vendors, and state agencies for statistical purposes. Will require payroll analysis, data manipulation, and use of vlookup and pivot tables.
• Accurate processing of record changes submitted by employees such as W4 changes and direct deposit changes.
• Coordinate with HR Administrator to ensure employees on leave of absence are paid/not paid and time off accruals are properly applied based on policy.
• Prepare import files and upload into UltiPro system for pay data such as, time off hours taken, additional reimbursements, payouts, etc.
• Calculate pay adjustments, such as prorated pay and retro pay.
• Process deduction corrections and any necessary adjustments to benefit deductions, such as medical, dental, life insurance, etc.
• Garnishments: Process Income Withholding Orders received from various governmental agencies. Reply to agency with applicable forms, and supply copies to employees and the Human Resource department as needed. Set up garnishment deduction with appropriate set up based on garnishment type and target amount when applicable.
• Prepare manual checks for terminations and miscellaneous check requests and ensure timely delivery based on legal requirements.
• Review payroll audit reports, including all payroll changes, and apply any necessary corrections prior to transmitting files to UltiPro.
• Coordinate with HR Admin in completion of payroll data requests for verification of employment requests.
• Work with governmental agencies and third party administrators, such as Benefits and 401K Administrator, to research and resolve questions or issues related to import file and accurate processing of employee deductions.
• Responsible for the administration and support for Time & Attendance system
• Work with payroll software and time attendance system vendors regarding upgrades, enhancements or and system problem resolutions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Fundamentals of Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV