NOTE: THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (LENAX does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
LENAX is looking for an Administrative Assistant II, with a strong background, skills and experience providing construction project support for multi-billion dollar, public-agency, AEC programs—preferably with aviation infrastructure project experience. The position requires you to perform a variety of office and administrative tasks; think on your feet, work with minimal supervision, and multitask effectively; use independent judgment, and have the initiative to take on new tasks and challenges every day. The Administrative Assistant II will be performing office administrative and clerical tasks, data collection, data entry, initiating and handling correspondence, report-writing and other office and clerical-support tasks--all in accordance with established procedures, and utilizing standard office tools and equipment, including computer/applications, copy machine, scanner, fax, phone, etc., to accomplish tasks in a timely and effective manner. Candidates must possess at minimum, 3 - 5 years of administrative support experience, supporting public agency, AEC Programs; and, have excellent skills using Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; and the internet. Work is frequently complex, proprietary, and requires strong office, clerical and administrative skills as well as excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Essential Job Duties
- In accordance with established procedures, perform a variety of routine and non-routine administrative, clerical, and data collection tasks for supervisor
- Perform various administrative, clerical, data collection, data entry, and report writing tasks
- Receive direction from immediate supervisor in completing non-routine assignments
- Gather statistics and general data; review and combine this information into established reports for use internally
- Scan, fax and bind documents, reports, and proposals as required
- May develop new reports or revise existing reports, as directed. Such reports may be in spreadsheet or graphical formats, or narrative-style word processing
- May be responsible for verifying data gathered, such as matching supplier invoices against file copies.
- Distribute reports as directed by immediate supervisor
- Originate correspondence and reports not requiring the personal attention of immediate supervisor
- Prepare general correspondence and maintains general files.
- Answer telephone, take and relay messages, screen callers and direct calls accordingly
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail
- May establish and maintain records of equipment, including a log of equipment service dates. May initiate requests for service.
- May coordinate physical space requirements for the supervisor. Initiates requests for computers and telephones as appropriate
- May periodically prepare an occupancy report by project or gather information to complete staffing reports, as directed by immediate supervisor
- Maintain an organized work space by keeping documents and supplies properly stored
- May represent immediate supervisor at project-related or other meetings as directed
- Contribute to the advancement of PDG’s goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS (Requirements)
- Minimum High School Diploma (or GED, Equivalent); AND,
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ directly-applicable experience
Position-specific Professional Experience & Other Qualifications
- Demonstrated, work experience in a similar role—providing construction project support for multi-billion dollar, public-agency, AEC (Architectural, Engineering and Construction) programs. Aviation infrastructure experience highly-desirable.
- A working-knowledge of applicable policies and procedures is preferred.
- Must have a strong track-record of success and accomplishment in a similar role
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, required
- Strong organizational skills—able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities, and escalate questions and concerns as appropriate
- Must be a self-starter—able to work effectively, with or without continuous monitoring.
- Ability to bring assignments to completion, independently.
- Proven record of accomplishments in Office Administration.
- Able to work independently or as part of a high-functioning team, dealing with high-volume, deadline-driven tasks and accountabilities;
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, including work assignments, direction and priorities;
- Dependable, and with exceptional attention-to-detail and follow-through on tasks and assignments, as necessary to support project, team and other stakeholder requirements and deadlines.
Hardware/Software Knowledge & Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of software is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in keyboard skills and the utilization of MS Windows and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, is required
- Prolog construction project management software knowledge and experience, required
Position-specific Job Requirements
- May be required to assume other or additional duties as required/needed
- May be required to work overtime
- May be required to work various shifts, as needed
Salary history and salary expectations must be included. Applicants without a salary expectations and history will not be considered. A list of previous projects worked on is required as well.
LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiro/Acupuncture and other Benefits, as part of a Health & Wellness Package that offers a variety of PPO, HMO, EPO/HSA plans
- Employer’s base plan is covered 100% for employees, and 50% for eligible dependents!
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with Employer matching!
- 8 Company-paid Holidays per year
- 3 Weeks PTO per y ear
- Educational & Professional Development Assistance
- Employee Recognition and Bonus Opportunities
- Holiday Parties, Service Awards, and other great incentives!
Lenax Construction Services is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer