Provides administrative support and day-to-day bookkeeping, reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provide administrative support services. Such duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Draft and prepare letters, memos, reports, and other correspondence;
• Print, scan and/or send documents and various e-mail communications;
• Open, sort, and distribute mail and packages accordingly.
• Keep filing of documents current.
• Responsible for bookkeeping and invoice processing of multiple entities, including research when needed, verifying invoices for accuracy and obtaining appropriate approvals, printing and mailing of checks.
• Prepare summaries, analysis of charges, and special reporting as requested.
• Track and reconcile medical and insurance billings.
• Plan, prepare, and ensure flawless execution of meetings and social events, including but not limited to setup, ordering of food, preparing meeting room and clean-up of meeting room for internal meetings, and coordinating locations, dates, food, travel and related details for external meetings.
• Assist with details of travel when requested.
• Prepare and ensure accurate processing of expense reports.
• Serve as backup to distributing mail, keeping executive kitchen stocked and clean as needed, and other general office duties when needed.
• Protect personal and company confidentiality issues.
• Perform other tasks and special projects, as assigned.
• A fit with Quinn Company’s performance driven culture and values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality, Relationships and Service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's or Associates degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance and a minimum of 5 years of providing Administrative and bookkeeping support to Owners/CEO in a family or private business or comparable combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate in writing clearly and effectively; Read with the necessary comprehension for the applicable documentation. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Focuses on solving conflict; Works well in group problem solving situations. Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things;. Responds promptly to customer and employee needs; Solicits employee feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
ETHICS – Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and be able to respond to work requirements with a highly developed sense of urgency.
Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Understands business unit goals and objectives. Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
PROFESSIONALISM - Professional demeanor with an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities with continued attention to detail and accuracy.
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY - Must possess excellent organization, problem solving, and time management skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office, Quicken and Quickbooks