Quinn Company is seeking a Senior Accountant with very strong professional communication skills, impeccable organization and administrative skills, a high sense of urgency, attention to detail, and unquestioned confidentiality. Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision. Position will provide accounting and administrative support for the Controller, as well as the Owner/CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Bookkeeping and invoice processing (personal and company).
• Preparing and processing payroll for 3-5 employees.
• Bank reconciliations and payroll reporting.
• Respond to inquiries of vendors, customers, government agencies, auditors, and employees.
• Draft and prepare letters, memos and other correspondence.
• Prepare and ensure accurate processing of expense and business mileage reports.
• Perform financial analysis and prepare reports utilizing Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Protect department and company confidentiality issues.
• Assist the Controller in day to day financial planning activities and perform special projects, as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's or AA degree preferred.
• A minimum of 2+ years of experience working as a staff accountant, senior accountant, or full charge bookkeeper.
• Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents and understand accounting and financial processes.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should have the ability to make effective presentations to senior management.
• Must possess excellent organization, problem solving, and time management skills.
• Organizational awareness; ability to interact with internal and external clients at all levels.
• Professional demeanor with an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities with continued attention to detail while demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and be able to respond to work requirements with a highly developed sense of urgency.
• Must be a self-starter, and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent computer skills and experience using all of the Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
• Experience with Quicken and QuickBooks is preferred but not required.