Responsible for developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with contractor and consulting engineer/architect accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Collects project data and compares to the office’s capabilities.
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required project team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops relationships with multiple buying influences in the customer’s organization, including project managers, project engineers, construction, purchasing, and accounts payable.
- Gathers and validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough, construction plan review or other requirements.
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Develops preliminary project fulfillment schedule.
- Responsible for project take-off, selection, pricing, and integration of equipment, controls, and services.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the proposal.
- Validates the preliminary proposal with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Reviews and compares contract terms and conditions with Trane contract standards.
- Presents the proposal and negotiates price, terms, and conditions with customer.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Determines needs, develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Provides total account business activity reports and annual forecasts.
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing HVAC system related solutions for the customer’s problems, including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market opportunities. Assembles, coordinates and interacts with sales team as needed for customer penetration and project acquisition.
- Coordinates with consulting engineers in writing project specifications.
- Coordinates with Estimators in the interpretation of specifications and preparation of proposals.
- Responds to customer needs by identifying systems, products, generating quotes and closing orders.
- Authorizes replacement, credit, or refund as necessary to facilitate the refund/exchange process including negotiation of backcharges and customer disputes.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, Trane products, and system application alternative, BAS, installation, operation, maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
May directly supervise sales support personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, and performance appraisals.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or equivalent from four-year college or university; completion of the Trane graduate training course; or equivalent combination of education and experience.