Access Your Future is a sponsorship program for students interested in a career in the equipment industry as a Service Technician. This program provides a career path for a qualified student and an educational reimbursement upon successful completion of an approved diesel program.
The Access Your Future Service Intern path offers students part time employment at a sponsoring store during their education. Upon graduation from an accredited diesel technology program, sponsored students are offered full time employment. While in school, students are expected to maintain a GPA of 3.0 and complete any required internships.
Specific Duties Include:
- Enrolled or attending an approved Diesel Technology program or another program approved in writing by RDO Equipment Co.
- Part time paid employment at sponsoring store (if store location permits) while attending college.
- Possible full time paid employment between college academic years at sponsoring store location.
- This program offers sponsored students graduating, an educational reimbursement over a two or four year period while they maintain full time employment with RDO Equipment Co.
- Company providedwork uniforms.
- Eligible for the RDO Equipment Co. tool discount program with Matco upon full time employment.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) while in program.
- Maintain acceptable attendance record while in program. It is the student’s responsibility to provide a copy of their transcripts to RDO Equipment Co. after each quarter or semester and a diploma in order to receive reimbursement upon full time employment.
- Adhere to academic policies, rules and regulations set forth by the higher learning center the student is attending.
- Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
- Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
- Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s area of responsibility.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings,huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service. Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Mechanical skills
- Trade specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong organizational skills
We are a proud John Deere Agriculture and Construction, Vermeer, Topcon, and RDO Water dealer group with more than 75 locations across the U.S. Visit our careers website for current opportunities.