- CA |
- Jobs |
- 2018 Process Operator Internship-Norco, LA
2018 Process Operator Internship-Norco, LA
The Norco Manufacturing Complex Process Technology internship is an opportunity for an individual to shadow a process operator within one of the units on the site and to learn first hand what the work of a process operator entails on a manufacturing site.
The Process Technology Internship is a 12-week internship program that will take place the summer of 2018. During the 12 week internship, interns will attend a educational and orientation program for approximately 6 weeks and then be assigned to a specific unit for the remainder of the internship. The intern will be assigned an operator mentor within the unit to shadow. The intern will also be placed on a rotating 12 hour schedule to align with the operator mentor's schedule.
At the end of the 12-week internship, there will be a final assessment which will include a final presentation on learning's attained during the internship. Based on the final assessment, interns have the potential to receive a full time offer from the company with in 1 year of completing the internship. To be deemed successful, interns must demonstrate:
- An understanding of the unit they were assigned for the internship: Key Equipment, their purpose, types of process and products produced, and Unit safety.
- An Understanding of the company's "Ensure Safe Production" processes and procedures
- Behaviors that align with the company's core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people.
- Strong work ethic, reliable attendance and safety focused mindset
- collaboration and initiative to learn
- Mechanical and Technical aptitude
- Demonstrate the capacity to grow into an effective operator